Highlights Healthcare is now hiring Licensed Psychology Associates (LPAs) for our Learning Centers throughout North Carolina to conduct and support comprehensive psychological testing and diagnosis procedures, and ABA therapy assessments and direct care services.
Who is Highlights Healthcare?
Highlights Healthcare provides diagnosis and early intervention ABA therapy services to bring meaningful and positive change to children with autism. We specialize in serving young learners and families with Medicaid benefits. We believe every child can achieve great things, and we are guided by family-centered principles that demonstrate dignity and respect.
Our culture fosters manageable caseloads and professional career paths supported by a team of expert leaders. Our operations corporate support center and flagship learning centers are in beautiful North Carolina - convenient to the mountains, beaches, professional sports teams, leading universities, and world-class dining and entertainment.
Why should you consider an LPA position with Highlights?
- Monday through Friday schedule – No nights or weekends
- Flexible scheduling with full-time hours available
- Clinic and home-based services with occasional remote opportunities
- Competitive compensation starts at $70,000 - $80,000 annually
- Comprehensive benefits include paid time off (PTO), dental, health, life, and vision insurance, an employee assistance program, and professional development assistance
- Conduct comprehensive psychological testing and analyses, diagnostic testing, and clinical assessments for children with autism or suspicion of autism.
- Expeditiously prepare and finalize notes and reports of findings and observations and make recommendations related to diagnosis or assessment.
- Meet with families as needed to review diagnosis and findings, and make next-step recommendations for appropriate services, aligned with the diagnosis identified.
- Conduct functional behavior assessments and develop behavior support plans, coach clinical teams, and implement and model interventions.
- Provide observation of sessions and collaborate with BCBAs on difficult cases.
- Assist with parent meetings and education regarding their child’s autism, its impact on behavior, focused vs comprehensive interventions, and how to identify priorities around socially significant behaviors.
- Maintain current knowledge regarding the preparation of clinical documentation for billing in accordance with HHC’s policy and payer requirements.
- Promote the growth of Highlights Healthcare and assist in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Psychology Associate (LPA) through the North Carolina Psychology Board
- Master’s degree in education, clinical counselling, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Experience in Behavior Analysis and/or Functional Assessments/FBAs preferred
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst preferred
- Knowledge of child development, child psychology, and applied behavioral analysis
- Minimum two years’ experience with a pediatric population who exhibit behavioral challenges, and familiarity with behavioral analysis interventions
- Experience with performing psychological testing; ADOS-2 and CARS2 preferred
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork skills, as well as excellent communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Electronic Medical records (EMR), and basic computer (Microsoft Office) programs
- Ability to work flexible hours, and travel throughout the state of NC, as assigned
- Bilingual proficiency preferred, with the ability to read, write and speak Spanish
Highlights Healthcare, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or Health insurance.
COVID-19 considerations: HHC follows all applicable CDC guidelines.