Highlights Healthcare is seeking passionate and dedicated Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) for our ABA Learning Centers in North Carolina. We currently have centers in Mooresville, Huntersville, Stanley, Statesville, Durham, New Bern, Raleigh, and Jacksonville. We also provide in-home and in-school services in select locations.
** This position is primarily a center-based position located at our Statesville Learning Center **
Who is Highlights Healthcare?
Highlights Healthcare provides diagnosis and early intervention ABA therapy services for children with autism. We specialize in serving young learners and families with Medicaid benefits. We use evidenced-based ABA treatments to increase socially significant behavior. From diagnosis to early intervention, we provide innovative, evidence-based ABA therapy services to meet every child’s specific needs in a way that feels more like play than work.
What is ABA?
ABA therapy involves many techniques for understanding and changing behaviors. Our ABA sessions are individualized to the needs of each unique learner and teach skills that are useful in everyday life. Through ABA we provide an opportunity to learn, grow, achieve, and have fun. It looks like play, but it is specifically-designed care.
What does a Registered Behavior Technician do?
- Under the supervision of a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is responsible for the implementation of unique behavior plans developed by the BCBA for each individual learner.
- During the sessions, the RBT may also collect data and conduct certain types of assessments.
- RBTs work 1-on-1 with their assigned learners in addition to working in group sessions.
- The RBT will have constant access to peers and supervisors to ensure that they can conduct each session with confidence and support.
What are the benefits of working as an RBT for Highlights Healthcare?
- Hourly rate starting at $20.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Hourly rate for a Behavior Technician (BT has not yet taken/passed the BACB® certification test) is $18.00/hour, commensurate with experience
- Primarily center-based services
- Day shift schedule between 9 am and 6 pm
- No evenings or weekends
- Full-time and part-time options are available
- Benefits for full-time employees include Paid Training, Paid Time Off (PTO), Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Internal HHC Student Analyst program for career advancement (BCBA track)
- Tuition Reimbursement for current RBTs enrolled in an ABA Master’s program and actively enrolled in the HHC Student Analyst Program
What are the minimum qualifications and requirements?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Special Education, or a related field preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in working with children, adolescents, or adults with special needs is preferred
- Must have the desire to work with young children with behavioral challenges
- Must have good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a desire for continued learning opportunities and a willingness to embrace instruction and feedback
- Must be able to successfully complete a criminal history background check
- Must have reliable transportation and, in some cases, proof of driver’s license and valid car insurance
- Bilingual applicants highly preferred
Highlights Healthcare, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or Health insurance.
COVID-19 considerations: HHC follows all applicable CDC guidelines.